About the library
The GTBC Library is a service for the staff members, students and researchers. The Library has a computer section where computer lessons are conducted and it also serves as a resource center for the students.
The library has over a number of 4679 books and the number keeps growing as new books are brought into the library.
The library has mainly two sections;
The open shelf section here the Library user can get any book of their choice. The time span that one is allowed to borrow a book is two weeks after which the user is supposed to return the book to the library.
The Reference section this section in the library contains the most used books these books are not loaned out because of their constant demand so the students use the books within the library premises.
Library Opening hours
Monday - Friday
9:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - CLOSED
- All faculty staff and students of GTBC must be registered as Library Members to use the facility and borrow books.
- All categories of Library materials are borrowed using the library card.
- Researchers and other library external users are allowed to use the library at a nominal fee at the discretion of the College Librarian.
Library Rules and Regulations
- Silence must be observed in the Library
- Eating and drinking in the library is forbidden
- Bags and briefcases should be left at the cabinet provided.
- Library books used within the Library should be left on the tables and not reshelved by the users.
- Order and good mannerism should be observed in the Library placing feet on tables, eating or sleeping in the Library is not allowed.
- Stealing or attempting to steal Library property is a punishable offence.
- Writing on, underlining and tearing Library materials is not allowed.
- Use of mobile phones is not allowed within the Library.